Sunday, January 5, 2014

2013 In Review



Happy New Year, y'all!  It's the last day of my almost three week vacation and I think we're all ready to get back into some sort of routine around here.  I thought I'd take a few minutes today to recap all the stuff we got up to in 2013.  In no particular order, are the most popular projects of last year, as chosen by you.

At the old house, I finished up the master bathroom. ( And moved six months later, lol.  Because in the end, function mattered more than size.)




I also finished Bubs' nursery after months of plugging away.  Most everything in his room is a DIY project of some sort.  




Thankfully all that good stuff came with us to the new house and I actually like the new nursery better.  Much cosier.

The duck egg dresser got lots of likes.

As did the dining table and chairs I hauled home.  The table was $25 and the chairs were $10!  Love.







I started to redecorate the new master bedroom this summer (now that I finally have one again) and y'all seemed to love this easy lamp makeover.




I also made over a plain white chair with a navy chevron seat cushion and some coral paint, also for the master bedroom.




Then I got busy painting and up-cycling some dressers for a sweet little girl's nursery.




I can't get over how popular these easy, no-sew pillows dish towel pillows were.




And these painted pumpkins, which were fun to make, mistakes and all.




I was particularly fond of this little glittery deer head and, as it turned out, so were you.




And finally, the chalk painted media center was the number one most popular project of 2013.  And I have to agree with y'all on that one.  I still sigh with contentment whenever I look at it. The only update is I actually cut the top two drawer fronts out to hold my cable box and DVD player.




By far the biggest change for us this year was our move to the new house in July.  I haven't posted much about the house yet but stay tuned for some deets in the near future.




Here's to a fun 2014!

Linking up these freebies to my regular parties and to  Serenity Now, Home Stories A to Z,  Cedarhill FarmhouseCoastal CharmWatch Out Martha, Jennifer Rizzo,From My Front Porch to Yours, and Salt Tree.